Getting de-furred. Shaving horses is common in the spring when they start shedding. Mater loves this process.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between horses; ability to lead horses safely; ability to efficiently and thoroughly clean horses; ability to assemble and tack horses prior to lessons
- Must be able to commit to particular days and hours
- Required to clean horse’s pen prior to grooming
- Attend Yearling Training Program
- Previous horse experience will be evaluated, otherwise graduation from horsemanship class is mandatory
Volunteer sign-up form